Wednesday, February 14, 2007

On The Table Lords It Up


If I was a surfer I'd be "stoked" - I'm not sure what adjective to use here but I'll stick with "over the moon" after tripping up to London to receive the "Best Local Food Retailer" award for the South West Region.

No, I didn't get a chance to buy that new dress, but I did get the chance to enjoy an event that was really a celebration of the nationwide effort and commitment that's going into supporting rural businesses. The fact that it was held in the House Of Lords was a bonus. We were up against stiff competition from Lobbs, another Cornish farm shop and The Local Food Company up in Devon. Again, I have to thank all of my customers for voting for us.

Now it's back down to earth and business. With us opening up and expanding into a new premises at Blackwater, it's as busy as it's ever been. We’re looking forward to trying some new ideas there including a coffee shop in-house serving fresh coffee ... watch this space!

Jo

No comments:

Google Groups Subscribe to On-The-Table
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com